If you are seeking further information about your health, this excellent website will give you access to relevant and up-to-date information on a wide range of medical conditions.
For more on learning to manage any long term conditions you may like to look at the reading list at the local library. Fit for work, a voluntary service that offers the wider working population access to occupational health advice and support, can help plan return to work after illness.
For some of the more frequently used information sheets, click on the links below.
- My Health My Way – Support and coaching for people with long-term health conditions
- Information on self care and where to get help for parents of children and young people
- If you find it difficult to live safely and independently in your home, you can find help from my life my care.
- www.selfcareforum.org – helping you develop, protect, maintain and improve your health, wellbeing or wellness.
- Access Dorset – Access Dorset is a user led organisation and registered charity, run by disabled people, older people and carers. We work to remove the physical, attitudinal and communication barriers that exist and are faced daily by us.
- Advice on your home medicine cabinet and paracetamol for the meningitis B vaccination.
- Local cancer support.
- Crohn’s and colitis UK
Children and young people:
- Flu-like illness
- Sore throat
- Eczema – how much emollient to use.
- Exercises for vertigo
- Back pain
- Exercises for back pain
- Tennis elbow exercises
- Shoulder pain
- Neck Pain
- Exercises for Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis
- Is knee or hip replacement surgery the right choice for me?
- Steps to Wellbeing – The Steps to Wellbeing Service is a free, confidential NHS service for to people aged 18+ providing a service across the county of Dorset.
- Kooth (Online counselling for young people)
- Waves (Children’s society) Weymouth based young person’s counselling service and family mediation.
- www.wheresyourheadat.co.uk (teenage help)
- Relate provide Family, couple, young people & children’s councelling services. Dorchester Office 01302 380 900
- Online cognitive behavioural therapy (not free).
- Weight reduction
- High BP
- Preventing heart disease
- Exercise for the over 50s
- Smoking cessation
- Diet/information about pre-diabetes
- Diet for IBS